workshop outline*GQA ACCREDITED
The aim of this 1-day workshop is to provide those attending with an understanding of the fabrication methods used in the 58BW & 58BWST Window Systems. This workshop has been created for both experienced and inexperienced users of the 58BW & 58BW ST Window System as an introduction in to how to fabricate the system using AluK approved processes.
The workshop will cover both the theoretical aspects of the fabrication process as well as practical activities in our dedicated training workshop. You will be using the AluK Technical Manual throughout the day to guide you through the different profiles, components, drainage, tooling and processes required to fabricate the 58BW & 58BW ST Window Systems.
* This is a GQA Qualifications Ltd Accredited Course and there is a short end of course assessment to take to gain the GQA Certificate.
- Workshop Introduction
- R&D Facility Tour
- The 58BW & 58BW ST Window System range
- Using the AluK Technical Manuals
- Profile and Component range
- Fabrication, Tooling and Equipment requirements
- Quality Check – Logikal Take Off Sheets
- 58BW & 58BW ST Practical Work [Fabrication and Assembly]
- Assessment [Questionnaire]
By the end of this workshop those attending will be able to:
- Identify variants of the 58BW & 58BW ST Window Systems within the AluK range
- Use the AluK Technical Manuals to identify profiles, hardware, accessories, assembly and fabrication processes
- Use safely some of the bespoke AluK tooling to fabricate a 58BW & 58BW ST Window
- Assembly of a 58BW & 58BW ST Window to AluK recommendations
What should you bring along?
- High Visibility Jacket
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses
- Steel Toe Cap Shoes
- Safety Gloves
Lunch will be provided [please notify of any dietary requirements]