How we process your data
Our website is www.alukacademy.co.uk, incl. our sub-domains, we own and operate.
When we refer to "you" we mean you as a user or visitor of our website.
The information you provide to us when using this web site will be processed for the following reasons:
- to send you our newsletters and notify you of our products and services
- to track the volume of traffic to the various sections of the site
- to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations
The data we collect
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- your first and last name
- your email address
- your telephone number
- details about the pages you visit
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
How do we collect the data?
We collect data when you:
- Hire the studio
- Register for an event
- Book a visit to our studio
- Use or view our website
- Sign up for our newsletters
The circumstances in which we may contact you
We may contact you, including by email or telephone, to tell you about our services or to respond to your enquiry.
AluK GB would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think would be of interest. We will always give you options to manage the way we contact you or opt out altogether, should our company no longer be of interest.
The data we hold about you
When you visit our web pages, tracking technologies may automatically record information about you. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- the internet domain and IP address from where you access our web site
- the type of browser software and operating system you use to access our web site
- the date and time you access our web site
- the pages you enter, visit and exit on our web site; and
- if you linked to our web site from another web site, the address of that web site
We use this information to help us identify click stream patterns, to improve our web site, and to learn about the number of visitors to our web site and the types of technology our visitors use.
If you wish to completely avoid the cookies, turn off cookies in your browser. This will disable the Item Store and the Request Samples tool and may affect the overall performance of the site. The method will vary according to the type and version of your browser and whether you use a PC or an Apple Macintosh, but will approximately follow these steps.
- with PC: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookie settings.
- with Apple Macintosh: Edit > Preferences > Receiving files > Cookies > Cookie settings.
- Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Cookies radio buttons.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookie settings.
You will normally be able to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, accept certain types of cookie, and/or receive a warning before accepting a cookie.
Alternatively, if you wish to remove these cookies from your computer at a later date, you may clear them after visiting the site; this will not affect the performance of the site or the cookies in question.